The old grave yard in Church ceased to function away back in 1853 when the present one in Ford road opened There were a number of interments after that date where families had purchased burial lairs from the Parish Kirk . In the 1990s Perth and Kinross Council acting as the responsible party for the maintenance of the churchyard , advertised in the local press that any one who held burial rights in the ground were required to contact them pending the removal of a number of stones / memorials .
Fortunately the churchyard had been surveyed in August 1972 by Allison Mitchell and her father , assisted by the late Marshall Sloan a well known local worthy . Some 134 memorials were listed and it would appear that in or around 500 individuals had been laid to rest in the churchyard over a 200 year or longer period .
As a result of their “ initiative “ , the Council proceeded with the removal of the majority …